market-farming - [Market-farming] Doyle Blackberry Variety

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Doyle Blackberry Variety
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:41:06 -0600

I ran across this blackberry and it sounds too good to be true.  Below is what they say about it.  I'm not trying sell the Doyle variety, I'd just like to know if any of you have ever heard of it or have tried it.

Thanks

(West Texas) Mark

"There are many new Thornless blackberries on the market but there are none that compares with this one, not even one!

The other varieties only produce about 1 to 2 quarts per plant, but you already knew that, didn’t you? Others cannot grow in all frost zones 3 to 10, but this one can and does. It is now growing in all 50 states and Canada.

Nearly all popular varieties yield far less than the this variety. The average is about 1 to 2 quarts per plant. Some may produce a gallon, which is not even close to the our production. This amazing plant yields 10 to 20 gallons per plant."

Doyle’s Thornless Blackberry™
1600 Bedford Road
Washington, Indiana 47501