market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] "Cheddar Cauliflower

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] "Cheddar Cauliflower
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:24:23 -0600

We also grew "Citrus" (now Cheddar) last fall. Boy was it gorgeous! We
also grew Graffiti (dark, saturated purple and a true cauliflower) and
Panther (green). Even with our nasty, rainy weather, they were very nice.
I guess the proof is - we're growing MORE of each this year. And, just in
case we MIGHT have a cool enough spring, we're even trialing a few (very
few!) this spring. Just be aware they have dramatically different days to
maturity, so if you want to market them together, you have to manage
planting dates. One other we really liked was "Silver Cup" from Pinetree
Seeds - a 40 day!! cauliflower, a little small, but just right for small
families.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm