market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bear Creek - was Passe Crassane pears

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "marcy" <marcy AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bear Creek - was Passe Crassane pears
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:15:02 -0700

I've just been reading this thread and wondering...
Does anyone know if Bear Creek has come back - bought out or anything?

I had a credit from out of stock items 3 or 4 years ago and didn't get a new catalog the next year and eventually found out they went out of business. I heard they were trying to sell the business. Back when I was in town, I'd filled my whole yard with their stock - best prices around, wonderful old varieties, small but always vigorous stock and great service. I just haven't found the selection or prices anyplace since then.

I did a search Sunday evening trying to find a new source, but nothing really comparable.

Please let me know if anyone else has more info!!!

Thanks!
Marcy - who's calling to get a Baker Creek catalog today!!!