market-farming - [Market-farming] Re:brambles/fruit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re:brambles/fruit
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:48:29 -0500

I had great success with things bought from Indiana Berry & Plant co. My
first order was 125 Asparagus roots - all good and very productive. I am
thinking of putting in a planting large enough for market in aa few years
from them.
Also received good strawberries for a large patch from them ( which were
decimated in their prime in one night by deer!!).
Our state has two trial farms for various types of fruits and other
crops, with results posted for one and all. Ask your state extension
office about such where you live, I have found all of that info online,
tho i live only 45 minutes from the eastern trial center.
Toni in E KY
future "Clifty Gardens" ( this mother of homeschooled high schoolers
needs to put energy into that and delay my developing market gardens for
awhile.....and just learn and share, and build more organic space in the
meantime)..............sighhhh. They are growing up fast and it won't be
so long!

  • [Market-farming] Re:brambles/fruit, tonitime, 01/24/2005