market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Application Rates for Poor Soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: cheselka AT theriver.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Application Rates for Poor Soil
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:55:07 -0500

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:35:58 -0500, you wrote:

>I'll also get cover crops into my plans for this year. Of course I'll
>still continue to make gobs of compost for my "tire garden" (300+
>2-tire-high stacks for growing melons, summer/winter squash, cukes, and
>pumpkins) as well as using it to ammend my virgin soil.

I like buckwheat for a summer cover crop, and I grow it in
any of my tire-planters that are empty for a while (between
crops).

When it's time to cut it, we just cut it with the string
trimmer. Then I just mix it in to the soil using hand
tools.

Pat
--
NOW OPEN! ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful