market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Food Security Starts at Home
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:47:21 -0600

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 11:15:17AM -0800, jay gee wrote:

> Because of the reporting systems in place at the CDC,
> food terrorism on any kind of large scale is unlikely.

As you point out, an attack on our food chain is not much of a risk as
far as our health is concerned. It is a very significant risk to our
economy. Just as the 9/11 attack was. By shutting down our air
transport system for several days, we maximized the economic damage
when we probably should have been attempting to minimizing it. And,
we'll probably do the same sort of thing in response to a food chain
attack.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die