market-farming - [Market-farming] poor habernero germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mark Ritter" <mnr200 AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] poor habernero germination
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:35:32 -0600

Being in the seed business I get this complaint on occasion... we strive for
at least an 80% germination rate on peppers but some varieties are lower...
be aware that even at the best storage situations pepper seeds dont seem to
hold germination rates as well as other seeds... ... the federal government
states that the minimum germination rates on pepper seeds is 55% in order to
be sold... this is much lower than most other seeds...if you do an internet
search on " government vegetable germination rates" you should find this on
line... so in otherwords always order a little more in pepper seeds and dont
plant on storing a long time...
Mark Ritter
Botanikka Seeds
www.botanikka.com