market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Ruth Stout

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Ruth Stout
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:59:56 -0600

Karen (originally from western Mass.) now from Dominica wrote:

" I am trying now in Dominica to see if her [Ruth Stout]system is one of the Northern
agricultural "truths" that translates to tropical ag..... or is another "truth" I have to unlearn."

HAH! As a transplanted Massachusetts organic grower, now in Miss., I have learned (the very hard way) that some northern "truths" do not transplant well. So I would love to hear from you Karen as you try this out (especially as I have clay soil too!) My guess is that since our high temps burn up alot (ALOT) more organic matter than up north, the system will be modified. Thanks.

nan at Dancing Goats Farm
N. Mississippi, zone 7b