market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: hard clay soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bucciaglia <pbucciaglia AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: hard clay soil
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:51:41 -0800 (PST)

It gets really dry in a greenhouse, and the soil microbes need water to work.  I have really sandy soil and right now my greenhouse looks like a beach, so I figure not much is going on in the way of soil activity.  I would test your soil as was suggested, make sure teh Ca:Mg:K ratios are on (I think its like 60-70:10-15:3-5 %of CEC), dig in amendments and/or rock powders, and water it to keep it moist at least until it freezes.

Paul

Message: 4