market-farming - [Market-farming] DC restaurant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MaggsMD AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] DC restaurant
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:32:02 EST

In a message dated 11/18/2004 4:30:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net writes:
gretchen AT magnategroup.net
Hello,

I write to you to inquire about the new DC restaurant that will use local food. Currently I grow vegetables for our 20 member CSA (Community-Supported Agriculture) Farm called "Eating with the Seasons."  I am always interested in new businesses that support local agriculture and know other growers and livestock farmers who may be interested in selling to you.  Where will the restaurant be located?  Do you hope to get local meat?  If so, are you interested in grass-fed operations?  Will you source vegetables from small-scale farms that grow holistically or are you interested in buying certified organic, or both?

Thank you,
Margaret Gray
Eating with the Seasons Farm