market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market Legal Problems -- Assistance Requested

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cheselka AT theriver.com" <cheselka AT theriver.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market Legal Problems -- Assistance Requested
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:47:47 -0500

Thanks, Shelly.

I think the biggest problem is that the county doesn't have any regulations
to stand on, so they're trying to fit us into another category -- a
"Special Events" permit, which would only allow us the market every three
months at a cost of $300. That's obviously not acceptable.

So now we're trying to look at things short-term and long-term. Short-term
is how to keep the market going at that location (or at any location for
that matter) without getting shut down by some non-existant authority.
Long-term looks pretty positive in working with the county powers-that-be
to actually create a category for ourselves. All we have at the moment is
state law which prohibits any government entity from interfering with the
disposal of agricultural products (i.e. growers sellin' their fruits and
veggies).

Thanks again for all the response. Keep 'em comin'!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce

http://mail2web.com/ .