market-farming - [Market-farming] Pumpkins

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw AT chilitech.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pumpkins
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:31:05 -0400

Speaking of pumpkins, does anyone have pricing ideas for 'fancy' pumpkins?
I'm growing the big Cinderella pumpkins (Rouge Vif D'Etampes), and they are
BIG. I can't get into the patch without walking on the vines, but they look
like 25-30 pounds, flattened, but really big around. All I've ever seen for
sale here are the standard 10-15 pound field pumpkins, so I have no idea
what to charge for these guys. Any ideas on pricing?

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA
Lynnw AT chilitech.net