market-farming - [Market-farming] Kansas Wheat Grass

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Kansas Wheat Grass
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:46:50 -0500

I just had a chef ask me about growing Kansas Wheat Grass for him - and, of
course, I said I could. Not sure what he plans to do with it and I will ask
him - juice, garnish, etc. Is this a particular wheat grass that any of you
have heard of? He says that a chef friend in Florida told him about it.
I'm wondering if it isn't called Kansas just to sound more exotic? (We're
so exotic here in Kansas!).

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it - plus just info on growing wheat
grass. Is it grown in flats like sprouts and greens? Where do you get the
seed? And more . . . . .

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas