market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] size

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark A Abner <wizard1 AT kih.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] size
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:54:54 -0400

Howdy Folks
I was just wondering what you all get for banana peppers I ahve an
over abundance in the garden right now and havet stared doing
farmersmaket yet (this year is to see what I can grow well in the new
garden area and plan for nect year) but I can sell excess from the test
garden at the local organic coop where we order bulk every 4 weeks.
However I dont have any idea what I should be charging for peppers
haveing never sold them before. I ahve lots of sweet bananas at the
moment a few green bells and later will have a lot of cayannes. Any
suggestions on priceing and selling ( by pound,bunch each ect.) would be
greatly appreciated.

Mark in KY