market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Filtering Surface Water for drip tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Filtering Surface Water for drip tape
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 04:56:54 -0400

I think beeFarmer has the right answer. Sand filters would work but as you
said are costly. On the other hand what is your crop worth. We use sand
filters with water from a pond. The filter we use is a swimming pool filter
with back flush. works good up to our 60 gallon per. min.

TexasBill - Did you find an economical source for sand filter?
I'm looking at something like $800 for one from my irrigation supplier.
Is the pool route less expensive (due to volume)?
Thanks -Allan