market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Water cress

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sandra Beerman" <sbeerman AT tymewyse.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Water cress
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:23:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "nancy a parker" <nan3russ AT juno.com>
To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 1:22 PM
Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Water cress

> Thanks to all who replied with so much info. If I didn't want to sell as
> an edible, would there be a market as a pond plant?
>
> Nancy, Sulpur Hill farm in Indiana.Zone 5

Hi Nancy,
I start my watercress in Feb. also, in small pots (equall to 72's) then one
year just sat the whole flat in our creek. They grew there for two years
till one nasty storm took most of them down stream. There are still are a
few plants hanging on in that spot.
This year I took them out of the pots and sat them in the soil in the creek.
So far so good. We like to eat it but think people would buy it for a pond
plant too.Sure would be easy to just try it.
Sandie Or. zone 5/6