market-farming - [Market-farming] Recipe for Vegetables

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pat Rupiper" <arupiper AT bright.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Recipe for Vegetables
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 06:17:10 -0400

I just found this on the National Gardening site. I tell people to marinade all the time. I would tell them to use my flavored herbal vinegar as opposed to the expensive balsamic. Pat Rupiper

Recipes

Marinade for Grilled Vegetables
Its the season for grilled vegetables! Here's a tasty marinade to use anytime the grill's fired up.

Ingredients
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh basil (1 teaspoon dried)
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme (1/2 teaspoon dried)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation
Mix ingredients in a Ziploc bag with chunks of potatoes, zucchini, peppers, green onions, eggplant, mushrooms, or anything else the garden is providing. Let marinate for 30 minutes. Grill vegetables in a wok basket; heat leftover marinade and pour over vegetables.

  • [Market-farming] Recipe for Vegetables, Pat Rupiper, 04/30/2004