market-farming - Re: Re: [Market-farming] A Riddle ...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bill AT farmerbill.downhomecountry.info>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Re: [Market-farming] A Riddle ...
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:36:01 +0200

> You know, I was thinking about Matt's problem last night
> while I was watching TV.
>
> He's used the same growing medium before with success. But
> suppose the manufacturer of the growing medium changed the
> formulation this year - probably as a 'cost-cutting
> measure'?
>
> Maybe it used to have time-release plant food and now it
> doesn't, or now the amount of time-release plant food has
> been reduced compared to the amount it used to have.

Two things struck me in looking at the www.supersoil.com website. One,
no nutrient analyses are listed for any of their products, just that a
few things are in there. That's not very useful...Matt, would you be
able to look at a bag and give us an actual analysis and nutrient
source?

Also in their FAQ is this statement:

Do I need to fertilize right after planting in Supersoil® Potting Soil?

No, Supersoil® Potting Soil is fortified with enough fertilizer to
nourish plants for 90 days. However, if the plant is watered more than
two times a week we recommend fertilizing after 45 days.

Dec-April substantially exceeds the 90-day limit, let alone 45 days.

--
Bill Huhman
South-Central Ohio