market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: Recipes on CD

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Sando" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: Recipes on CD
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:28:49 -0800

From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>

> I wrote a cookbook on CD to solve cooking problems of my customers! I put
> recipes from my cookbook in many of our packages and in our newsletter.
It
> increases sales and is a great "quick reference" when that new customer
> asks, "How do I cook this?"

I'm wondering how smart it might be to give away CDs. They come to about 10
cents each and it might be a nice giveaway to your better customers. It
could be as simple as text or as elaborate as HTML with video and music. And
a lot of trouble but maybe worth it. Perhaps a project for next winter.

I had t-shirts made with my logo and gave them to A+ customers, market
managers and restaurant buyers and you'd think I was giving them 100 dollar
bills. They were very appreciative, to say the least. I'm preparing a press
release for the new market season and plan to incude a T for the heavy
hitters.

Steve

Rancho Gordo
New World Specialty Food