market-farming - [Market-farming] A Riddle ...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT freestateproject.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] A Riddle ...
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:09:39 -0600 (CST)

... well, at least a riddle to me.

What causes a seedling to be planted as a seed in Dec/Jan 2003 and be less
than an inch tall at the end of March 2004, but be totally rootbound?

I have roughly 1200 seedlings with this problem, ranging from lettuce, to
spinach, to brussels sprouts, to kale, to collards, ad anfinitum.

Desperately seeking the reason so I don't repeat the same thing again!

I can give more details if needed.

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce