market-farming - [Market-farming] tomatillos and a 'worm'

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MeLani" <mmaysen AT alltel.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] tomatillos and a 'worm'
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:11:25 -0600

I have not grown tomatillos since moving to SW Missouri and will be
planting some this season.
A neighbor has told me that while they thrive in the heat here, she
finds they are frequently under attack from a worm of some sort. It
apparently lives just under the outer paper shell, near the top of the
fruit.
Any ideas as to what the pest is and how to prevent or control it?

MeLani