market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Raspberries/cover crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Bransky <broadcaster AT mwt.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Raspberries/cover crops
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:56:34 -0600

We use white dutch clover in and between our raspberries. It stands up well to traffic, and I have not noticed an insect problem such as what Emily mentioned with her rye sod. If I remember right, it blossoms sporadically throughout the season, perhaps in response to mowing. This may make the raspberry patch more attractive to pollinators.

Best Wishes,

Paul Bransky