market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Apple Smoke Wood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <bockpa AT plesh.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Apple Smoke Wood
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:57:37 -0600

Paul,

I sold some green hickory chips last year at $2.00 for a one gallon zip-loc
baggie. It was an experiment with a borrowed chipper and I believe that
much over $2.00 would not have sold here in Missouri. However, fruitwoods
should get a higher price, possibly $3.00 for a similar bag.

I don't think most users have a good feel for how many wood chips the
average person would use in a season. If I had pursued it further, I would
have packaged in one quart baggies and sold them for $1.00 each.

Rick H.