market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Scotch Broom

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Catherine S" <farmerwantabe AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Scotch Broom
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:23:25 -0600

Scotch Broom thrives in soil with a low pH or acidic soil. If you have had alot of pine trees on it your soil is will be very acidic because that is the only way pines will grow. The best thing to do is raise the pH, apply lime/calcium. Also recommend getting a soil test to find out how much you need per acre. Pelitized lime will be fast acting a little more costly or use agricultural lime with results in 6 months to a year. Good luck

Ben Simmons

Visit our website: www.conklin.com/site/thesimmonscompany
Products that you can trust.
>From: Strangefruit44 AT aol.com >Reply-To: Market Farming >To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org >Subject: [Market-farming] Scotch Broom >Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 04:26:50 EST > >I am in the process of buying some acreage. Good, sandy loam soil, ,pH is a >little low. The land was cleared of pine trees, and farmed -potatoes were the >main crop, over 12 years ago. The current owner has neglected it and it is >overgrown in Scotch Broom. Some tower over 8 feet high and look like tree, >saplings. Anybody know of a way to erradicate it? Any ideas? I tried hand pulling it >up and it doesn't budge. Thanks! >_______________________________________________ >Market-farming mailing list >Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org >http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/market-farming > >Get the list FAQ at: http://www.marketfarming.net/mflistfaq.htm

There are now three new levels of MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! Learn more.