market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Jalapeno's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andrews, Shirley F." <SAndrews AT AcademicBookServices.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Jalapeno's
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:15:27 -0500

I don't know of anything other than gloves that would block 100%. The
skin readily absorbs the heat from the peppers. Maybe wear thin cotton
gloves under the latex to avoid any reaction with the gloves. I have
dried peppers many times, slice and omit the seeds, trim off excess
membrane and lay on dehydrator sheets. Best to dry outside or in open
area as the drying process can burn your eyes. I dry some peppers extra
dry then grind in a blender and use as seasoning.