market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: Shredding mulch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul A. Bock" <bockpa AT plesh.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: Shredding mulch
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:13:34 -0500

I agree.  My dad used to use this technique.  His backyard started out as woods.  He slowly cut down the trees, sold firewood and dug out the stumps.  Once he had a garden he would go into the wooded portion with a bagging lawn mower.  When the bag got full he would dump it out in the garden as mulch or onto the compost pile.

Paul Bock
Stone Gully