market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cider

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin & Steve Follette" <follette AT midmaine.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cider
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:17:38 -0500

>cider with a group is irresponsible at this point in time.

>What's the problem?  I think it sounds like a wonderful idea.  If somebody lets their cider get hard, that's their concern.

There are laws on pasteurization of cider.  The FDA website most likely has the information.  Last I knew if you sold the cider yourself to the end customer you didn't have to pasteurize but if you sold it to others for resale you did have to pasteurize.  There are labeling laws also.

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
Zone 4       Maine