market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] jelly jars

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] jelly jars
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:17:24 -0500

auctions.

My boyfriend just bought several cases of very nice little jelly jars for about nothing.  $1 a case.  My goodness.  We put up several dozen jars of strawberry jam in them.

I'm thinking that I am about to do something similar because I just sold my place.  I have cases and cases of canning jars.  Sorry not the little ones for jelly.  They are going out on a yard sale for a song.

I simply don't want to move them... and for what?  I'll be living by myself in a couple months.  Nope, they gotta go.

Check out yard sales and auctions.  Amazing deals if you know your limit and the market value of what you are buying in that kind of sale.  As I think of it, that is how I acquired most of my canning jars.  Even the antique ones.  For something close to a song...

Del Williams
Clifton, IL