market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Bean Sheller plans, and Remay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT bidumup.com>
  • To: <bockpa AT plesh.com>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Bean Sheller plans, and Remay
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:47:35 -0500

To Bob, I did receive the plans. Looks good. This thing looks very much
like a grain thresher. kind of the same idea I guess. Have you built this
thing yet? Do the bean just fall out through the screen mesh?

No I have not completed it-yes the green fresh beans fall through the screen
mesh-I will not spend the money on new parts and am having luck finding the
pillow bearings from scrap a/h fan squirrel cage blowers at about $2
each-the main shaft from Good Will from a weight lifting set cost $2 the
plywood from auction so far about $5 I have gotten 4 motors of different hp
and have not decided which one to use for the chicken picker and which one
to use for the bean sheller- and yes it is the same principle as a thresher
except the shells do not shatter but in stead are ripped and kneaded to pop
the peas and beans out while the sweetness of fresh is still available- I
can't think of a more practical way to attract customers than to let them
buy a bushel of fresh picked and watch it run through a sheller then collect
and bag their own fresh shelled.
What is hard to see from the plans is the drum and the inside shaft turn at
different speeds- there is one 12" pulley on the drum and the plans do not
show how it is mounted so I had planned to cut a round plate with a 1" whole
and bore my 3/4 " pulley whole to 1" and mount directly to the plywood on
the drum.
I am not sending more plans out to those who asked in the last day or so.
I sent ten sets to members on this bull'tn board and I think one of those
who have received a copy would be able to make sets and further send them
out- so appeal to the list members who have received plans please.
Bob C.