market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: SHADE

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Russ and Rosie <russandrosie AT attbi.com>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: SHADE
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:24:53 -0700

Katy,

Last year when I was going to market alone I used an EZ Up. They really do
go up easily. Block or peg one leg then take turns at the other legs.
Often, though, a neighbor vendor would lend me a hand. The awnings are
heavy though. Make sure you can lift it OK alone. You can get them on
Ebay for about $200. Costco also has an awning right now for $200.
I kept my greens cool by not letting the sun hit them directly (you may
have to take a cloth to hang on the awning to get shade where you want it)
and displaying them in a basket with blue ice bags under a cloth. I only
had a few bags out at a time. The rest I had on cloth-covered blue ice in
a plastic tote (a cooler would be better).

Rosie
Tanglewood Farm - PNW