market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Cloddy soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Cloddy soil
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:48:35 -0400

I am behind in my sweet corn plantings and the time for using a rain gap
filler
of an earlier maturity is running out, this means I will run out of corn
sometime in late July for a few days. I was tempted against my better
judgement
to disc up a section but sank into the soil and backed out on the first pass.
If
I did plant,the soil would have hardened up over the seed. So it gave me a
good
excuse to go fly fishing. Perhaps you should all do the same...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.