market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] foreign invasion

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rose and Fred Lieberman" <pyrite AT clarityconnect.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] foreign invasion
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:23:32 -0700

I guess I'm a little confused here. Other than farmers markets and their
rules and regulations, what's the big deal about people re-selling on
highways and biways?

Aren't they getting their flowers from a grower?

If someone said they'd like to buy my whole field of flowers and re-sell it,
would I be smart or stupid to turn a deal like that down - just because
they're resellers?

If we sell our flowers to a florist, aren't they a reseller? They just have
an overhead.

What's the point of all this? It sounds like it's more an issue of
nationalism than opportunity.

Rose