market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New guy Introduction (+ weed question)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jim Woodyard <mwjw AT swbell.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New guy Introduction (+ weed question)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:35:04 -0500

Maybe Burdock is what is commonly referred to as sour dock around here.
Grows a
lot along the roadside and in the ditches. Has a nasty brown seed head when
ripe. We have plenty of both dock and Cocklebur. I recall that there was
what
my grandmother referred to as narrow leaf dock that was used in greens when I
was a kid in Ohio.