market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Attachments on posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Steve Sando <steve AT mrlucky.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Attachments on posts
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 04:11:25 -0600

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 08:34:07PM -0800, Steve Sando wrote:
> I think it is because some people are specifying fonts/colors, making the
> email an HTML document instead of a true email. I think it's not a good idea
> because it just wastes bandwith, time and I guess an opening for virus
> files.
>
> But I'm not sure of any of it!

Correct on all points. See the URL in my sig.

--
Willie USS Harry S Truman: 97,000 tons of diplomacy
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 09:32:25 -0500
From: J M Moser <joma AT skybest.com>
To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Thank goodness it's not only me that's seeing this. :-) For those of you on
the list that are using Outlook Express and aren't sure of how to change
your settings to plain text, go to Tools -> Options then click on the Send
tab and 2/3 of the way down you'll see the Mail Format selection. Click on
plain text then ok.

John Moser
Fleetwood, N.C.