market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #69 - 7 msgs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nicole <nbrown AT bbtel.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #69 - 7 msgs
  • Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 10:01:31 -0500

Bill Shoemaker wrote: "One of the longest-running and most dynamic direct-market farming
operations in the country is run by the extended family of Joe Huber in
Starlight, Indiana. I'm not sure how far it is from Louisville, KY but it's
in southern IN."

http://www.huberwinery.com/index.html

What a cool place! We took the family to pick pumpkins Halloween before last. It's HUUUGE. Maybe 2.5 hrs from Louisville, expensive, and worth it. :)

In future years we might be a good contact, we're 45 mi from Louisville, but just starting out (this will be our soil-building year).

Nicole in KY
farm name TBA :)

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming digest, Vol 1 #69 - 7 msgs, Nicole, 02/02/2003