market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Frozen meat maximum holding time

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Frozen meat maximum holding time
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:51:54 -0600

Dave,

I didn't ask the original question, but would comment on the ground. I
would agree that the shelf life of commercial beef is shorter. Grass fed
especially with a kelp supplement will maintain quality longer than feedlot
beef.

We have freezer alarms that alert us if any freezer exceeds 0 degrees F.
That gives us some margin with the Health Department requirement of 5
degrees F and assures safe meat.

Rick H.