market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Patterns in direct market sales of meat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Patterns in direct market sales of meat
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:44:42 -0600

Rick W.

Based on comparing your question with our sales I surmise that each area,
producer, regional preferences will affect buying patterns. We find that
the slow sales periods are due to lack of time in keeping our customers
informed of availability and sales options. Obviously our sales are higher
during farmer's market season due to our diligence in making ourselves more
available.

To increase sales during slump periods, I would recommend individual contact
with your customers. There are many who just don't take the time to contact
you, but welcome a call to let them know you are interested in their
business.

Rick H.