market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Tomatoes (Totally Tomatoes)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Tomatoes (Totally Tomatoes)
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 05:36:34 -0600

LOL, Liz and all... what are we doing up reading email at this hour?

Well I'm in CST...

It's 5:30 AM! And I've been up for a couple hours anyway... working.

I'm so sad to hear about bad service from Totally Tomatoes. They have an
old variety I would like to try growing. My grandfather used to grow it and
I thought the seed was totally lost.

Is it possible that some old varieties have lower germination rates and are
not particularly suitable for market gardeners who don't want to be guessing
on that?

Del Williams
Clifton, IL