market-farming - Re: Row Covers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elaine Granata" <ecgranat AT ouray.cudenver.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Row Covers
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:26:46 -0700

Allan: I've had a great experience with row covers -- used the Agribond,
light weight, insect barrier from Johnny's. Started most of my greens under
them. My broccoli raab thrived under them and got huge.

I hadn't realized deer had walked over them until I took them up to weed and
saw the hoof prints in the soil. Only one is torn and that by hail. The
rest have held up quite well and I've used all of them twice, moving them
around from bed to bed. Next year I'll start my cukes under them as this
year I took a real hit from cucumber beetles.

Elaine
Denver