market-farming - Re: Farmers Market's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carl & Julie" <farmer AT mountainharvestorganic.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farmers Market's
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:45:55 -0500

Richard,

>> Our area is the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. For those who are
unaware,
>> the lake is a major Midwest tourist attraction with several thousand
>> visitors each weekend plus a growing number of year round residents.
We are
>> looking at several locations including a old Wal-Mart building.
Before I
>> jump in the water I would like for any of you to feel free to offer
both pro
>> and con opinions. One thing that concerns me is that our University
>> Extension office just sent out a letter stating that many of the
markets in
>> our state are in trouble due to lack of farmers.

Most of the tailgate markets in our area consist of both farmers and
serious gardeners.
You might consider soliciting the master gardeners in your area who love
to garden
and are interested in making a few extra dollars each week. I do think
most of the successful
markets are because of the farmers who most always have a consistent and
plentiful harvest!!!

Best Regards,
Julie Mansfield
Mountain Harvest Organics
Hot Springs, NC, USA

  • Farmers Market's, Richard & Faye, 10/25/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Farmers Market's, Carl & Julie, 10/31/2002