market-farming - Re: Mission Statements & By-Laws

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OakCamp2 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Mission Statements & By-Laws
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:38:17 EST

Hi Katherine,
Here is what is on the cover of our market's policies and regulations. Hope this helps guide you in your market formation.

>The Dane County Farmer's Market, Inc. is an organization founded to pursue the following goals:
       To give growers and producers of Wisconsin agricultural commodities and other  farm-related products alternative marketing opportunities;
       To promote the sale of Wisconsin-grown farm products;
       To improve the variety, freshness, taste and nutritional value of produce available  in the Madison area;
       To provide an opportunity for farmers and people from urban communities to deal  directly with each other rather than through third parties and to thereby get to  know each other and learn from one another;
       To provide an educational forum for consumers to learn the uses and benefits of  quality, locally grown or prepared food products;
       To provide educational opportunities for producers to test and refine their  products and marketing skills;
       To enhance the quality of life in the Greater Madison Area by providing a  community activity which fosters social gathering and interaction; and
       To preserve Wisconsin's unique agricultural heritage and the historical role  which farmer's markets have played in it.
Check out their website:    www.madfarmmkt.org

Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm
Lodi, WI