market-farming - Introduction and questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "LEECH" <holabol AT iafrica.co.za>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Introduction and questions
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:02:33 +0900

Greetings to all you good people,

I am Mike Leech who works with eThembeni Community Gardens in Durban South
Africa. This is a new project which has been running for two years to
encourage people un-employed to grow food for self help. This has been
reasonably successful but we now find we have surplus, which we have swooped
with each other, but it still leaves us with surplus.

We don't have any ideas on how to start a market or dispose of these
products. We also don't know how to bottle these products or even have
recipes for this work.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Leech
eThembeni Community Gardens
P.O. Box 1878,
Pinetown. 3600.
South Africa.

  • Introduction and questions, LEECH, 10/27/2002