market-farming - Writer's Request: Organic Industry vs Organic Movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: bdnow AT envirolink.org, market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Writer's Request: Organic Industry vs Organic Movement
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:04:24 -0400

Friends -

A local paper has asked me to write a column on what the federal organic certification rules mean to the organic movement. I'm very interested in not missing a point-of-view on this.

If you have criticisms of federal organic certification, particularly point-by-point ones, and, again, particularly short-comings of the federal certification, please pass them on to me, here or at igg AT igg.com

I'm also looking for 'speaking points' on alternatives to federal
certification

And personal positions on certification in general

thanks

-Allan Balliett
Gardening for the Future