market-farming - Re: scientific method

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: scientific method
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:10:13 -0400

Bill,

I know I speak for just about everyone on this list when I say how much we appreciate your comments. You have been extremely helpful to me. If there were only more people in academia like you.

My personal problem with scientific method is not the method but, like everything else, the people and organization who control what science is inquiring about. Rather than 'people science' we often have 'corporate science' and as the economics textbook says, a corporation is concerned with making money. And making money and helping people aren't necessarily the same thing.
--