market-farming - introduction

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "rainbows end farms" <rainbowsend AT swva.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: introduction
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:21:55 -0400

We are a new farm located in the southwestern corner of Virginia. My
background is a career in marketing, pomologu studies through Penn State,
large scale composting study at LSU, Alex Macgregor conference at Signal
Mountain Tenn., and a lifetime of dreaming, reading, visiting, observing
and wanting a better way! Now I have my dream in the form of a 56 acre
valley nestled at the base of the Blueridge here in Virginia. Having just
begun in May, have planted the orchard, brambles, strawberries, garden,
asparagus, and other and established the livestock with Boer and Tennessee
goats, Border Leicester and Corriedale sheep, Dexter and Angus cattle,
Yorkshire Pigs, and a broad range of heritage and other poultry. My
interests for the future..rotational grazing with a "salad bar" approach,
natural holistic, symbiotic, French intensive, bio-intensive gardening,
aquaculture, seminars, value added/diversified marketing, diversification,
CSA, retreats, internships, classes. As this incorporates ALL that I am it
begins as a dream somewhere at the level of the soul and spirit and
evolves outwardly to the very material matters of making a small farm
sustain itself, feed a community and offer a heritage for the future! Even
the orchards include the provision of preserving heritage varieties of
cider, eating and cooking apples. Interested? We are Rainbow's End Farms
and Orchards
Rainbows End Farms and Orchards
880 Central Academy Road
Stuart, Virginia 24171
276-694-4324
www.rainbowsendfarms.com
rainbowsend AT swva.net

  • introduction, rainbows end farms, 08/27/2002