market-farming - Re: squash bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: squash bugs
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:04:31 -0400

Hmm.. Don't know about something being missing, but personally, I have
never had squash bugs bothering my crops, nor critters bothering my corn
and beans - maybe it's because I plant the three of them together as I
believe many Amerind tribes did. The three together seem to support one
another in various ways and I have HUGE crops of beans and squash without
having to put up stakes for supporting them (since they grow up the
corn).

Yes. I'm interested in what varieties you are using. At what time intervals you plant which plant and if you plant squash with the corn and beans or just within the rows.

Thanks -Allan