market-farming - RE: Mold on My Cucurbits!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Mold on My Cucurbits!
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:13:33 -0500

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 01:04:24PM -0400, Adam Hainer wrote:
> I have also just found this problem on a significant percentage of my summer
> squash. I haven't gotten to check the winter and am crossing my fingers that
> i'm not going to lose them. What can i do? No one has responded to the
>
> Up-Upstate NY,
>
> Can anyone give us some info on a problem we just noticed today on some of
> our zucchini and winter squash. The plants seem to be infected with a mold
> that looks like gray down, which starts at the blossom and proceeds to grow
> down the entire fruit, eventually engulfing the entire fruit in grayish
> hairy
> mold. We are new to growing in this area of southeastern pennsylvania and
> have never seen anything like this before. Could anyway tell us what is
> causing this and if there is anything we can do to stop it?

Are ya'll having a wetter than normal summer up there in NY and PA?
Heavy dews EVERY morning? I see those symptoms occasionally down here
in Texas, but it never amounts to much. Unless the weather is
persistently wet, in which case EVERYTHING gets ruined.

--
Willie from one of the largest single-user all-Linux networks in Dale.
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html