market-farming - Late frost and protecting crops with HAY? ASAP response...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adam Hainer" <anhainer AT syr.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Late frost and protecting crops with HAY? ASAP response...
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:42:18 -0400

Apparently up here in NE NY we are supposed to get a frost, after all my
trellises are setup and not very easy to use row cover with. I was wondering
if anyone has ever just taken hay and straw and piled it up right before the
sun goes down over the entire plant then in the morning removed it?

Thanks,
Adam