market-farming - Overseas Volunteer Opportunities

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dan Hadley" <dhadley AT cnfa.org>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Overseas Volunteer Opportunities
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:15:16 -0400

Please allow me to take a moment of your time and introduce you to CNFA
and our Agribusiness Volunteer Program.

The Citizens Network for Foreign Affairs (CNFA) is a non-profit,
nonpartisan organization dedicated to improving the lives of private
farmers in developing and emerging world markets. CNFA is currently
working in the food and agriculture sector of Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova,
and in Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Zambia.

CNFA's Agribusiness Volunteer Program (AVP) has sent over 700 American
farmers and other agribusiness professionals on short-term assignments to
the former Soviet Union and Africa to share their know-how with their
counterparts and empower them to solve problems.

I am currently seeking volunteers for the following assignment in Ukraine:

1) Agricultural Marketing: Help a diversified agribusiness company to
clearly define its marketing strategy and to develop an operational
marketing plan.

2) Fruit Marketing: Train farmers in principles of fruit marketing and
provide them with practical recommendations, including improving their
storage, transport, distribution, pricing, and selling processes. Work
with farmers to explore opportunities of developing an informal or formal
fruit produce marketing cooperative.

3) Marketing Training: Work with marketing and sales managers of a farm
input supply company to develop an operational marketing plan.

4) Train-the-Trainer Marketing: Work with the management of a farm input
supply company to prepare a marketing training program for the company.
Help regional branch managers acquire the skills necessary to provide
continuing marketing training for their staff.

5) Cattle Breeding: Train technicians in modern, scientific methods of
cattle breeding. Help develop a work plan for increasing cattle
production.

CNFA is funded by the US government (USAID), and covers all expenses
related to the assignment, including all travel expenses, an interpreter,
room and board, etc. However, since these are volunteer assignments, we
do not pay any consulting fees or honorariums. The expert volunteers his
or her time and knowledge. Most of our projects are three-weeks long.
CNFA volunteers take advantage of the opportunity to help people around
the world, make new friends and business contacts and obtain insights into
agriculture in other countries that they can use at home.

Please contact me if I may provide further information on any of these
assignments.

Dan Hadley
Program Coordinator
CNFA
1111 19th Street NW #900
Washington D.C. 20036
Toll Free: 1-888-872-2632
202-296-3920
202-296-3948 fax

Visit our webpage for more information and to see a complete list of
volunteer opportunities.

www.cnfa.org