market-farming - Premier fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Premier fencing
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:25:40 -0700

They raise goats (the hardest to fence....just like deer), sheep and other livestock personally.  I have purchased fencing from them, and I like their attitude!
When I worked at the Heifer Project International farm in Mass., the farm steward worked 200 plus goats, sheep and Scotch Highland cattle with the Premier goat fencing as  part of a rotational grazing system (the perimeter fencing was different, can't remember).  If it was good enough for them, that says alot.  One of the cows did get tangled up in it (as did one of my goats later), but it can be repaired......You do have to train your animals, obviously...

Get a paper copy of their catalog as it has such a wealth of information you can peruse it over and over again.....

nan
dancing goats farm
n. mississippi

  • Premier fencing, Nan Johnson, 04/23/2002